Fresh n’ crispy salad with curried eggs
As the weather heats up, salads return to our diets, and this one is perfect for during pregnancy.
2 teaspoons curry powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
1 tablespoon chopped parsley or dill
½ cup mayonnaise
150g LeaderBrand Fresh n’ Crispy Salad
1 florence fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- Place the eggs in a pan and cover them with room temperature water. Stir the eggs, rotating them, while they come to a simmer. Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and leave the eggs for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the eggs.
- Drain the eggs and run them under cold water. Crack them immediately and carefully peel them under cold running water.
- Slice the egg in half and remove the yolks. Mash the yolks with curry powder, salt and pepper, chopped dill or parsley, and mayonnaise. Spoon or pipe the mixture back into the white halves.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulb using a sharp knife or mandolin. Drizzle with lemon juice, to reduce browning. Reserve some of the fennel fronds for garnish.
- Tip the Leaderbrand Fresh n’ Crispy Salad in a serving platter, top with thinly sliced fennel. Arrange the curried eggs over the top, and garnish with fresh dill, fennel or parsley leaves. Serve accompanied with the LeaderBrand Traditional Kiwi Dressing that comes in the pack.
Variations and tips:
- To guarantee the egg yolks are centered, before cooking – turn the egg carton on its side the night before cooking.
- Instead of fennel, thinly sliced celery and celery leaves can be used.