Edwards & Co Capsule, Base, and Oscar G3 Stroller
What it is:
- Capsule & Base ($369): An intelligent capsule that can one-click into the ISOFIX or Belt Fix car base and to any Edwards & Co stroller.
- Oscar G3 Stroller ($795): A complete all-terrain travel system on three wheels, with a reversible seat.
What we love:
An integrated travel system that will easily take you from road trip to a walk in the park. The Edwards & Co Oscar G3 stroller has a number of features that will make a new parent’s life easier, including an adjustable handlebar with seven positions, reversible seat, push-click brake, an an inbuilt adaptor you can pop in the car seat capsule (0-13kg), carry cot (0-9kg) and seat unit (0-20kg both forward and reverse) all in one click. The capsule is lightweight and features an adjustable handle, side-impact protection, can be installed with either ISOFIX or your car’s seatbelt, and is simple to take in and out of the car using the base (which can also either be installed using ISOFIX, or with a regular seat belt and belt tensioner). Extremely versatile and able to be personalised, this travel system is a real winner in our eyes.
Our editor says:
When a first-time parent buys a stroller, they often don’t know what they’re in for — and there are so many choices, it’s hard to know what is going to suit your family best. Rather than learning the hard way and ending up with a dud, it pays to invest in an integrated travel system like the Edwards & Co Oscar G3 Stroller and its sister products, the Capsule and Base, which work with the stroller and will make your life with a newborn so much easier. I assembled this stroller right out of the box and was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to put together — all the parts click easily into place with a minimum of muscle needed. My favourite features of this pram are the reversible seat and the absolutely massive under-buggy storage area, which will hold my handbag, the nappy bag, and a fair amount of shopping to boot. The adjustable footrest means your baby’s feet aren’t dangling into space, and the lie-flat seat is great for naps while you’re out on a walk. And the adjustable handlebar will be a boon to parents of all sizes, as you won’t have to strain to reach it no matter how tall or short you are! It folds down to fit into the boot of your car, and although it’s a bit wider than some of the other strollers on the market, it handles easily. The capsule and base are compact when in the car, and the capsule easily snaps in and out of the base and onto the stroller, so you can take a newborn from the car to the stroller with ease. And this pram is simply gorgeous to look at — modern, sleek, and sophisticated, it’ll be the envy of the other parents at coffee group. I’m so impressed!
Things to remember:
Never leave your child unsupervised in a stroller, and always use the safety tether when the stroller is in use. Always apply the parking brake when you park the stroller, or when taking your child in and out of the stroller. Never leave a child unattended in a car seat and ensure the car seat and base are installed correctly before using. Read the instruction manuals thoroughly. For further safety information, please see the product instruction manuals or the Edwards & Co website.
At a glance:
Oscar G3 stroller:
- Lie flat seat suitable from birth up to 36 months (20kg)
- Five point harness with height adjustable shoulder straps
- Air filled (pneumatic) rubber tyres with rear suspension
- Handle tether safety strap
- All fabrics are high quality 600D nylon washable fabric
- Designed to comply with Australian & NZ safety standard AS/NZS2013:2088
Capsule and Base:
- Swedish-made 5-point safety harness system
- Lightweight – only 3.75kg
- Base secures with ISOFIX or belt fix
- Fold back canopy for shade from direct sunlight
- Includes harness pads, lumbar pads & crotch buckle cover
- Approved to ECE R44/04 STD for up to 13kgs (12-15 months)
To find out more or to purchase, visit edwardsandcobaby.com.