Sukin BioNatural Skin Oil
(RRP from $15.50, sukinnaturals for stockists)
What it is:
Tamanu, carrot seed, and rose hip oils offer a unique blend of essential fatty acids and antioxidants to offer optimal nourishment and improve the skin’s appearance. Vitamins C and F work to brighten the complexion, while avocado, calendula, and vitamin E hydrate and soften the skin.
For scars, stretch marks, ageing skin, massage, to keep skin soft and supple, to hydrate dry skin, to brighten your complexion, and more.
What we love:
We’re always on the lookout for stretch mark oils to help pregnant and post-baby mummy tummies, and this multi-purpose skin oil is gorgeous as well as affordable. It’s 100% naturally derived and the ingredients list reads like a yummy salad, featuring oils from carrot seeds, avocado, rosemary, soybean, mandarin, and more. The scent is light and natural, and not cloying at all – a beautiful blend of aromatic oils (including vanilla, rose hip, jojoba, lavender, and tangerine). It’s a light oil which goes on to skin a little bit “sparkly” and absorbs over a few minutes rather than sitting on the surface, so you shouldn’t feel greasy. The pump bottle is easy to use and dispenses the perfect amount for one application, so you won’t need to worry about using too much or spilling an open bottle.
Our editor says:
I’ve had poor experiences with skin oils in the past, but I fell in love with this one as soon as I used it for the first time. I started by applying it to the backs of my hands and elbows, which always seem to be dry and a bit wizened. After a few minutes the oil absorbed and my skin felt plumper and more supple. Next I tried it on my stretch marks, which after three children take up a significant area of my abdomen. It definitely made my skin feel softer and more nourished, and while I don’t think there is anything that can get rid of these tiger stripes completely, after a couple of days worth of applications, they certainly felt like they weren’t as prominent and were much softer. It took me a little while to work up to being brave enough to use it on my face, but I needn’t have worried – it was a really beautiful nighttime moisturiser and when I looked at my face in the mirror the next morning, my skin seemed fresher and felt great, particularly my worry lines on my forehead. I also used it as a baby massage oil (although I have high hopes Sukin will release a dedicated baby massage oil soon with their beautiful new baby product range) and it made Miss 5 Months smell divine. What I love the most is that it’s natural and cruelty-free, as I’m making a conscious effort to use more products that don’t do animal testing.
Things to remember:
A little goes a long way – you really only need a small amount, applied once or twice daily, to reap the benefits.
* Suitable for all skin types.
* Tamanu oil helps improve the appearance of skin tone and texture.
* Carrot seed oil is rich in antioxidants such as beta carotene for fighting free radicals and reducing the appearance of fine lines.
* Rose hip oil is great for skin nourishment and hydration, and contains essential fatty acids and the powerful antioxidant lycopene to promote healthy-looking skin.
* Vitamin C brightens the complextion.
* Vitamin F is an essential fatty acid to maintain hydration levels and soften the skin.
* Avocado oil is rich in vitamins for skin nourishment and to replace lost moisture.
* No sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS), sodium laureth suphate (SLES), synthetic fragrances, animal derivatives, harsh detergents, propylene glycol, artificial colours, triethanolamine, mineral oils, EDTA, or parabens. AKA no bad stuff!
* 100% vegan, 100% carbon neutral, and cruelty-free (no animal testing).
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFO:
* Always patch test before using.
* For external use only.