Sukin Baby Range (RRP$12.20-$15.50, sukinnaturals.com for stockists)
sukinnaturals.com for stockists
What it is:
- Sukin Baby Shampoo: A gentle shampoo for baby’s soft hair and scalp. With wheat proteins to strengthen, and hydrating avocado and sweet almond oils for soft silky locks. A light Sukin scent of essential oils aids in calming baby before sleepy time.
- Sukin Baby Gentle Body Wash: A naturally gentle body wash formulated for daily bath time with baby. Through a combination of soothing botanicals such as aloe vera and chamomile, and nourishing avocado and evening primrose oils, this enriched formula leaves skin soft and smooth. Sukin’s beautifully soft signature fragrance which helps to calm the senses, just in time for bed. This product is also available fragrance free.
- Sukin Baby Silky Soft Body Lotion: A nourishing and gentle lotion to protect the moisture barrier of baby’s skin. Shea and cocoa butters, with sweet almond and avocado oils provide essential fatty acids and a healthy dose of Vitamin E for silky soft skin. A light Sukin fragrance of essential oils aids in calming baby just before sleepy time. This product is also available in Fragrance Free.
In the bath, in the shower, in the kitchen sink – wherever you bathe your baby. The lotion is lovely for a pre-bedtime baby massage too.
What we love:
“Skincare that doesn’t cost the earth” is Sukin’s tagline, and there’s a multiplicity of meaning to this phrase: It’s affordable, uses natural ingredients, and has a sustainable and planet-friendly focus. Their gorgeous Sukin Baby range is a perfect companion to their popular skincare line, and one which parents who have used Sukin products themselves will love for their little ones. They’re 100% carbon neutral, vegan, and cruelty-free, and all their formulations are biodegradable and grey-water safe. Their policy of full disclosure for all ingredients used in Sukin products means you’ll see everything listed on the product label – with no hidden surprises. This is particularly great for babies with allergies or sensitive skin. The option of fragrance-free body lotion and body wash are appreciated by parents who prefer to avoid fragranced baby products.
Our editor says:
I love when one of my favourite brands comes out with a new range, and Sukin definitely hasn’t disappointed me with their Baby products. The best person to test them on is, obviously, a newborn – and Miss 11 Weeks was happy to volunteer to splash in the bath while I tried out the Gentle Body Wash and Shampoo. The shampoo is very light-smelling so there is no overpowering perfumey smell at all – just a very mild, pleasant fragrance when I’m giving her little head a sniff (admit it, we all sniff babies’ heads, it’s just what you do with a newborn). The fragrance-free version of the body wash is just that – fragrance-free, which is great for anyone sensitive to fragrance in their skincare, or for parents who prefer to stick to unfragranced products. I particularly liked the shampoo because it was mild and didn’t make too many bubbles. The body wash felt silky and smooth and again, not too foamy. The body lotion, however, really impressed me. I have never been a fan of body lotion as I always find it to be too rich and heavy, and to sort of sit on my babies’ skin – so I’ll admit I never used it much until now. This body lotion was wonderful! Light and non-greasy, it easily absorbed into my baby’s skin and left her skin feeling hydrated and soft. I’m a convert!
Things to remember:
A little goes a long way – you don’t need much of these products to clean or moisturise your baby; just a little bit will do the trick. The body lotion is lovely for baby massage before bedtime, and there’s really nothing sweeter than a clean, fresh baby tucked up in clean pyjamas and swaddled for sleep!
- NO sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS), sodium laureth sulphate (SLES), synthetic fragrances, animal derivatives, harsh detergents, propylene glycol, artificial colours, triethanolamine, mineral oils, EDTA, or parabens. AKA no bad stuff!
- 100% vegan, carbon neutral, and cruelty-free (no animal testing).
- Fragrance-free formulations in the body wash and body lotion are a good option for parents who prefer not to use fragranced products.
- Generous 250ml sizes mean they’ll last a good while.
- Important safety info: Never, ever leave your baby alone in the bath, not even for a second. Patch-test products before use. For external use only. Avoid getting near baby’s eyes and rinse thoroughly.