What it is:
The Storksak Noa Nappy Bag (RRP AU$149.99) is an award-winning, perfectly practical baby bag, which comes in a range of chic colours in a wipe-clean coated canvas fabric. Ideal for a short trip, the Noa also includes a separate matching handy Mini Organiser bag, featuring five pockets and a large zipped main internal compartment.
What we love:
A nappy bag that is stylish enough to pass for a handbag, but has all the features and pockets we need when out and about with a baby? Yes, please! The Storksak Noa is made from wipe-clean coated canvas and comes in a range of classic colours that tone in with your wardrobe perfectly (not a teddy-bear print in sight): Navy, black, powder blue, yellow, fawn stripe, and charcoal. It’s also available in black or tan leather if you’re keen on a more luxurious look. With an external pocket big enough to hold your keys and phone, an externally-zippered insulated bottle compartment, and an internal zipped pocket, you will always have enough room for all the supplies you need when you’re on the move with your little one. We especially love the Mini Organiser bag, which itself has five external pockets and a roomy, zippered interior. This is the item you want to pack all your nappies, wipes, and “always needed” gear in, because it’s easy to pull out when you need something, or swap to a different bag without having to unpack everything. Both the Storksak Noa and the Mini Organiser have D-rings on the sides so you can hook the detachable stroller straps to them and use either/or depending on what suits your needs for the outing. And the padded change mat will come in so handy when you need to deal with nappies. When it’s not in use, it folds compactly and secures with a velcro tab.
Our editor says:
A nappy bag is a new baby must-have, and as I’ve learned the hard way, an oversized tote bag just will not do. You really do need a bag that is designed for baby gear and for new mums’ needs. This includes copious pockets, convertible straps that you can hang on the pram handle or sling over your shoulder, and material that is easy-clean and hard-wearing. The Storksak Noa has all of those features, and more, making it an excellent choice that will easily see you through multiple babies. The zippered, insulated bottle pouch on the outside of the bag is a genius feature, as it keeps bottles upright and either warm or cool for up to four hours, and it’s easily accessible (no need to rummage through the inside of the bag in search of that elusive bottle!). The Mini Organiser is by far my favourite feature. It is essentially a mini handbag itself, with lots of pockets so you can stash all the little things you need: Nappies, wipes, nappy cream, spare dummies, small toys, hand sanitiser, the works. Because it’s a self-contained unit, you can lift it out so easily when you need it, or even swap it to another nappy bag quickly and without having to unpack the whole bag and hunt things down. I’m also mightily impressed with the stroller straps. They velcro around the handles of your pram and have clips on the end which attach to the D-rings on either the Noa itself, or the Mini Organiser. So you don’t have to wrestle the bag on and off the handle or worry it will slip off. The stroller straps also convert to a shoulder strap. All in all, the Storksak Noa is a nappy bag you’ll find useful and versatile, and one you’ll get use out of for years to come.
Things to remember:
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth and leave to dry naturally.
- Machine-wash change mat at 30 degrees and hang to dry.
- Refer to your stroller’s instructions and restrictions to see whether it is okay to hang a nappy bag from the handle. Many strollers prohibit hanging nappy bags or other items from the handles.
At a glance:
- Dimensions: H32cm W48cm D20cm, weight: 0.5kg
- Made from premium wipe-clean coated canvas
- Machine-washable padded changing mat
- Built-in side insulated bottle compartment which keeps bottle upright and warm or cool for up to four hours
- Detachable long shoulder strap with patented integrated stroller straps
- Premium leather handles backed with webbing for anti-slip
- Wide opening with secure zipped top closure
- One external outer pocket
- Large internal zipped pocket for valuables
- Wipe clean linings throughout
- Includes a Mini Organiser bag with five outer pockets and one large internal zipped compartment
- Comes with stylish D-rings for easy stroller attachment to be used with long detachable bag strap with integrated stroller straps or with Storksak stroller clips (sold separately)
BUMP & baby is New Zealand’s only magazine for pregnancy and early babyhood. Our team of mums and mums-to-be understand what it’s like to be pregnant in this connected age, and that’s why BUMP & Baby online is geared toward what pregnant women and new mums really want to know.
Other articles of interest
With all of the birth techniques available, how do you know which one is right for you?
It’s normal to feel a bit down following childbirth. But what if your feelings don’t improve, or you aren’t coping? You may have postnatal depression, also known as PND